Effective Date: 1 July 2019
Information I collect
- Personal Data: Personal Data is information that can be used to identify you specifically, including your name, shipping address, email address, telephone number or demographic information like your age, gender, or hometown. You consent to give me this information by providing it to me voluntarily on my website or any mobile application. You provide some of this information when you register with or make purchases from my website. You may also provide this information by participating in various activities associated with my site, including responding to blog and contacting me with questions. Your decision to disclose this data is entirely voluntary. You are under no obligation to provide this information, but your refusal may prevent you from accessing certain benefits from my website or from making purchases.
- Derivative Data: Derivative data is information that my servers automatically collect about you when you access my websites, such as your IP address, browser type, the dates and times that you access my website, and the specific pages you view. If you are using a mobile application, my servers may collect information about your device name and type, your phone number, your country of origin, and other interactions with my application.
- Social Networking Data: I may access personal information from social networking sites and apps, including Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, Snapchat or other social networking sites or apps not named specifically here, which may include your name, your social network username, location, email address, age, gender, profile picture and any other public information. If you do not want me to access this information, please go to the specific social networking site and change your privacy settings.
- Mobile Device Data: If you use my website via a mobile device or app, I may collect information about your mobile device, including device ID, model and manufacturer, and location information.
- Other Data: On occasion, you may give me additional data in order to enter into a contest or giveaway or to participate in a survey. You will be prompted for this information and it will be clear that you are offering this kind of information in exchange for an entry into such a contest or giveaway.
HOW I USE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information allows me to offer you certain products and services, including the use of my website, to fulfil my obligations to you, to customize your interaction with my company and my website, and to allow me to suggest other products and services I think might interest you. I generally store your data and transmit it to a third party for processing. However, to the extent I process your data, I do so to serve my legitimate business interests, such as providing you with the opportunity to purchase my goods or services and interact with my website.
Specifically, I may use the information and data described above to:
- Create and administer your account; and
- Deliver any products or services purchased by you to you; and
- Correspond with you; and
- Process payments or refunds; and
- Contact you about new offerings that I think you will be interested in; and
- Interact with you via social media; and
- Send you a newsletter or other updates about my company or website; and
- Deliver targeted advertising; and
- Request feedback from you; and• Notify you of updates to my product and service offerings; and
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot any problems; and
- Administer contests or giveaways; and
- Generate a profile that is personalised to you, so that future interactions with my website will be more personal; and
- Compile anonymise statistical data for my own use or for a third party’s use; and
- Assist law enforcement as necessary; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity on my website or mobile app; and
- Analyse trends to improve my website and offerings.
WHY I DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
The following are specific reasons why I may share your information:
- Third-Party Processing: I may disclose your information to third parties who assist me with tasks, including payment processing, hosting services, email delivery and customer service.
- By Law: I may share your data as required by law or to respond to legal process, including a subpoena, or as necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of others. This includes sharing information with other parties to prevent or address fraud and to avoid credit risks.
- To Protect My Company: I may use your information to protect my company, including to investigate and remedy any violations of my rights or policies. I may also disclose your information as reasonably necessary to acquire and maintain insurance coverage, manage risks, obtain financial or legal advice, or to exercise or defend against legal claims.
- Other Third Parties: I may share information with advertisers, my investors, or other third parties for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. If I do so, I will make reasonable efforts to inform You if required by law.
- Interaction with Others: If you interact with others on my websites, such as participating in a group chat or a group online course, other users may have access to some of your data, including your name, profile picture, and your history of interaction with my website, such as prior comments or posts.
- Online Postings: When you post online, your posts may be viewed by others, and I may distribute your comments outside the website.
- External Links: My website may include hyperlinks to other websites not controlled by us. I suggest you exercise caution when clicking on a hyperlink. Although I use reasonable care in including a hyperlink on my own web page, I do not regularly monitor the websites of these third parties, are not responsible for any damage or consequences you suffer by using these hyperlinks. I am not bound by the Privacy Policies of any third party website that you access by a hyperlink, nor are they bound by ours. I encourage you to read the Policies of those third-party websites before interacting with them or making purchases. They may collect different information and by different methods than I do.
- Other Purposes: I may disclose your personal data as necessary to comply with any legal obligation or to protect your interests, or the vital interests of others or my company.
Cookies, Log Files and Web Beacons: Like many other Web sites, I make use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
For the most part, I do not process your information in-house, but give it to third party processors for processing. They process your payment and remit the funds to us. So in many instances, it will be necessary for me to transmit your information to a third party processor, as I do not have the capability to perform these functions.
However, I may, from time to time, process your data internally. The legal basis for this processing is both your consent to the processing and my need to conduct my legitimate business interests. My purposes in processing this information, if I do, is to administer, maintain, and improve my website and offerings, to enter into contracts with you, to fulfil the terms of those contracts, to keep records of my transactions and interactions, to be able to provide you with goods and services, to comply with my legal obligations, to obtain professional advice, and to protect the rights and interests of my company, my customers (including you), and any third parties. I may process the following data:
- Data associated with your account, such as your name, address, email address and payment information
- Data about your usage of my website, such as your IP address, geographical information, and how long you accessed my website and what you viewed.
- Data related to your personal profile, such as your name, address, profile picture, interests and hobbies, or employment details.
- Data that you provide me in the course of using my services.
- Data that you post on my website, such as comments or responses to blogs.
- Data that you submit to me when you make an inquiry regarding my website or offerings.
- Data related to your transactions with us, including your purchase of my goods or services. This information may include contact details and payment information.
- Data that you provide to me when you subscribe to my emails or newsletters, including your email address and contact information.
- Data that you submit to me via correspondence, such as when you email me with questions.
- Any other data identified in this policy, for the purpose of complying with my legal obligations, or to protect the vital interests of you or any other natural person.
I retain personal data as long as it is needed to, to conduct my legitimate business purposes or to comply with my legal obligations, or until you ask me to delete your data. For example, I will retain certain personal information indefinitely for the purposes of maintaining your account, unless and until you delete your account. Data that I gather for a specific and particular purpose, such as assisting law enforcement or analysing trends, will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that particular purpose. Data that is no longer needed by me for any of the purposes listed above will be permanently deleted.
You may request that I delete your data at any time. However, note that I cannot control the retention policies of third parties. If you wish to have any third parties, including those to whom we’ve transmitted your data, delete that data, you will need to contact those third parties directly. You may request from me a list of all third parties to whom I have transmitted your data.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
I take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and keep your information secure. I use recognized online secure payment systems and implement generally accepted standards of security to protect against personal data loss or misuse. However, no security measure is foolproof, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against interception or misuse. I cannot guarantee the complete security of any information you transmit to us.
I will notify you of promptly any known breach of my security systems or your data which might expose you to serious risk.
This website or mobile app is not designed for use by children under age 18, and I do not knowingly solicit personal data from anyone under age 18. If you are under age 18, do not access or use my website or related products or services. If you become aware that I have collected data of anyone under the age of 18, please contact me so that I may delete that data.
I offer the opportunity for you to volunteer certain information to me that is used for email and marketing purposes. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name and email. You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe from any future communications via email, but I reserve the right to maintain a database of past email subscribers. I reserve the right to use this information as reasonably necessary in my business and as provided by law. Your information will be shared with reasonably necessary parties for the ordinary course of conducting my business, such as through Facebook ads or Google Pay Per Click marketing campaigns. I do not ever sell your information to third parties.
You have certain rights with respect to your personal data, as outlined below. Note that I may charge you a reasonable fee for actions that you ask me to take with respect to your data. In addition, I reserve the right to request that you provide me with evidence of your identity before I take any action with respect to the exercise of your data rights. Further, your rights may be restricted or nullified to the extent they conflict with my compelling business interests, the public interest, or the law.
- Update Account Information: You have the right to update or change any information you have provided to us. To update or delete your information, please contact me at .
- Confirm Personal Data and Its Use: You have the right to request that I confirm what data I hold about you, and for what purposes. You also have the right to confirmation of whether I process your data or deliver your data to third party processors, and for what purposes. I will supply you with copies of your personal data unless doing so would affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Change Consent: You have the right to change your consent to my use of your information. In such cases, I may require you to delete your account with us, as described above, and you may not have full access to my website.
- Request a Copy of Data: You have the right to request a digital copy of the data that I hold about you. Your first request for a copy of your personal data will be provided free of charge; subsequent requests will incur a reasonable fee.
- Transfer Your Data: You have the right to request that I gather and transfer your data to another controller, in a commonly used and machine-readable format, unless doing so would cause me an undue burden.
- Delete All Data: You have the right to request that I delete all data that I hold about you, and I must delete such data without undue delay. There are exceptions to this right, such as when keeping your data is required by law, is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, is required for compliance with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the exercise or defence of legal claims. Such a request may result in termination of your account with me and you may have limited or no use of my website.
- Emails and Communications: You may opt-out of receiving future email correspondence from me by checking the appropriate box when you register for the account, make a purchase, or receive an email. You may change your communication settings by contacting me at .
- Marketing Communications: You may opt-out of receiving any third party marketing communications or having your personal information used for marketing purposes. You may do this by contacting me at .
- Processing: You may, in some circumstances restrict the processing of your data, such as when you contest the accuracy of your data or when you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. When processing has been restricted, I will continue to store your data but will not pass it on to third party processors without your consent, or as necessary to comply with legal obligations or protect your rights or those of others or my company. In addition, you may opt-out of any processing of your data altogether. Note however that doing so may result in the termination of your account and loss of access to my website.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
The parties agree that any suits, actions or proceedings that may be instituted by any party shall be initiated exclusively before the competent courts of the United States without prejudice to seller’s right to submit the relevant case to the court which would have jurisdiction if this provision has not been incorporated in the Conditions, and the parties do hereby consent to the jurisdiction of those courts and waive any objection which they may have, now or hereafter, to the venue of those suits, actions or proceedings.
The information contained herein constitutes the entire agreement between site users and my company relating to the use of this website and any information shared during the duration of a project.
Eclipse Digital Marketing Agency
+27 (0) 84 0305 035